Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Family

9-12-09 026

Maama Joyce Serukenya. This is my mom. She works as a secretary at the Anglican Church that we attend. The end. 

uganda import 1 012

Joannah. This is my sister. She is 29 years old and currently unemployed. She loves to cook and sleep. During the day she helps out around the house with the chickens, the cooking, and the cleaning. She is pretty quiet and very observant.

9.8.09 002

Sarah. This is my sister/cousin. She is 21 years old and is involved with ministries at the Church. She used to take classes at UCU but she had to stop taking classes because she doesn’t have the money. She spends her days visiting friends and helping out around the house. She is fun.

9-12-09 040 

Shakira. This is a new neighbor girl that I met over the weekend. She is nine years old and has two siblings that she promises to bring over next time she visits. She is very outgoing and loves talking with me in English. She is VERY smart and I think our new friendship makes little Martin jealous.

9-12-09 041 

Martin. He is the son of the man who helps out with the chickens (I may have already mentioned this). As you can see Martin lost his front tooth, or part of it.

 132313[3]

My Family (minus Dennis). Back (L-R): Joannah, Maama, Ida. Front: Sarah and Me. Sorry about the poor quality.

7 comments:

  1. ok so maybe i missed it but how is Sarah your sister and your cousin... are you sure you are not in west virginia?

    -H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah is actually Maama's niece but she calls her a grandchild and she is more like a sister to me. They are NOT like WV but they have a very different way of talking about relatives.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shakira and Martin look like some good friends for you! They're both adorable!
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think me and Joannah would be good friends. We have the exact same interests minus cooking :) Thanks for the updated pics.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  5. oops I posted my last comment on the wrong post...... :S

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uncle Don and I are enjoying your blogs and the picture are great. You are missed and prayed for daily. Enjoy your time there and keep blogging.

    ReplyDelete